DECORATIVE CONCRETE POOL DECK
A pool deck is just one of the many investments you can make to make your home better and more valuable. It is a place to enjoy the sunshine and the outdoors without leaving your home. It is a great place for family and friends to gather for some barbeque or late-night drinks. It is on the pool deck that kids can frolic around by the pool and it is the same place where you can just lay down on a lounge chair to relax and unwind.
Investing in a pool deck does not end in the decision to have one. There are several details you have to deal with, such as design, material type, and more. To make it last longer, you have to practice proper maintenance measures. When it gets worn out or damaged, you also have to act on finding a good fix. It can get pretty overwhelming. Fortunately, decorative concrete contractors St Louis offers reliable solutions to enhance and improve concrete pool decks at a friendly cost and we at Decorative Concrete Resurfacing will be the one to provide all those for you.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
See What Our Clients Think
The STL Pool Decks really made sure that they do things right. They even stop and ask me if there are decisions that needed to be made rather than just doing what they want and rushing through the job. My stamped pool deck looks amazing, thanks to them!
TOP-OF-THE-LINE POOL DECK COATINGS AND OVERLAYS
When it comes to updating or renovating a concrete pool deck, we offer only the best options for a pool deck material. Each option provides features and benefits that will surely meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
- Stamped Concrete – This can be done directly on a new pour or on an existing concrete pool deck. On an old deck, a thin layer of a cementitious overlay is poured and spread on the surface. Stamp mats, bearing the design or pattern of your choice, are then laid out on it to make an imprint. The stamped pattern not only improves the aesthetics of a pool deck, it also adds grooves that is necessary to enhance grip and traction.
- Sundek Classic Texture – This option involves the use of an acrylic concrete coating that is sprayed down on the surface rather than poured and spread. Using a hopper gun, splatters of material are spread on the surface and then later knocked down manually with a trowel. Its look is similar to a stucco wall but with a more subtle texture. This is popular for pool decks because it is not slippery and it is cool to the feet.
- Stained Concrete – If your pool deck merely suffers from aesthetic issues, stained concrete can do the trick. Concrete stains come in two types: acid and water-based. Both penetrate deep into the slab to provide a long-lasting color that won’t fade, flake, or peel. Acid stains are semi-translucent and it creates a chemical reaction that makes random effects of varying color tones appear. Water-based stains are opaque and consistent in color.
Whichever material you choose, you are sure to acquire the best possible results especially if you hire the right person to install it. Proper installation guarantees proper adhesion and work that comes with a warranty. Our team consists of licensed installers who are experts in the field of decorative concrete. We have years of experience in performing resurfacing, refinishing, and repair tasks on concrete pool decks, both in residential and commercial locations in the St. Louis, MO area.
BENEFITS OF DECORATIVE CONCRETE FOR POOL DECKS
There are many options out there that could help improve and enhance a pool deck. But there are several reasons why decorative concrete comes highly recommended.
- Slip-resistant Pool Deck Surfaces – Safety is an important factor when choosing a material for your pool deck. All our coatings and overlays are designed to provide a non-skid surface to prevent slips and falls.
- A Wide Selection of Design Choices – Wouldn’t it be wonderful to recreate a pool deck to a design of your choice? Decorative concrete offers a wide range of color, texture, and pattern choices so you can make the pool deck look the way you want it to. Concrete stains offer various colors, ranging from earthy tones to pastels. Stamped concrete patterns include ashlar, brick, flagstone, fractured slate, and more. You can even make it look like real stone. Whatever look you have in mind, we can make it happen.
- Durable Pool Deck Materials – Even with the mere addition of a thin layer of coating or overlay, your pool deck becomes durable and longer lasting. From preparing the old concrete to finishing the laid out material, we make sure that each step guarantees durable results.
- Friendly Price – Remodeling a pool deck can be quite costly if you want to achieve a great-looking deck that lasts long. However, decorative concrete made it possible to acquire the same results at a more affordable price.
- Environment-friendly – When new concrete is produced, carbon footprint increases. By using the existing pool deck and just adding a layer of coating or material, decorative concrete is able to help lower carbon footprint and the amount of concrete waste in landfills.
- Cool to the Feet – Remember how you had to run on a pool deck just because it has become too hot for comfort? Sundek Classic Texture has the ability to reflect heat back instead of absorbing it, thus, keeping the deck cool to the touch.
HIGHLY RELIABLE CONCRETE POOL DECK SERVICES
Concrete is a durable material. However, it can wear out and acquire damage as it ages, as it gets used, and when it is exposed to damaging elements for too long. We offer concrete pool deck services that aim to address issues and provide longer-lasting solutions.
- Pool Deck Resurfacing – Resurfacing helps extend the lifespan of a concrete pool deck and eliminate the need for a complete slab replacement. With the addition of coatings or overlays, the new pool deck surface becomes more resistant to weather, stains, foot traffic, water, and other elements that could harm it.
- Pool Deck Refinishing – Refinishing is the process of changing the finish of the pool deck but leaving the rest of the slab intact. Stained concrete is one way of refinishing a pool deck. It effectively covers up unwanted superficial issues and gives the deck a whole new look.
POOL DECK RESTORATION AND RENOVATION
There is nothing more frustrating than finding out that your concrete pool deck is starting to wear out. Oftentimes, pool owners fear the possibility that the entire slab might need replacing. However, it should not be the first option. Decorative concrete can either restore or renovate it. Here is a good look at each option:
- Pool deck restoration – Restoring a concrete pool deck means bringing the original slab back to good condition, both in form and function. This may involve repairs and some refinishing.
- Pool deck renovation – A renovation may involve new materials but will not totally banish the old and original pool deck. Resurfacing it is a way of renovating the deck. Although the surface is made of a new and better material, the base is kept intact.
There are a lot of DIY tutorials today showing you how you can revamp or repair your own concrete pool deck. Although the intention is good, it is not highly recommended. Hiring a licensed pro provides a guarantee and a warranty that the work done is effective and the materials used are reliable. Plus, you don’t have to stress yourself out and you get to save your precious time for more important matters that need to be handled by you personally.
Is your pool deck not as glamorous as it was before? Are your looking to make it better and safer? Whatever your reason for updating your pool deck, Decorative Concrete Resurfacing is here to help. We are one of the leading decorative concrete contractors St Louis with an A+ BBB rating. We have been in the industry for over 30 years, specializing in resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete pool decks. Our team is highly trained in using each and every application and in performing the installation process with undeniable skill and hard work.
Want a free quote?